Project Zoo 2006

Project Zoo started in 2005 as a partnership between RMIT Industrial Design and Melbourne Zoo. This blog is for the Project Zoo community to discuss ideas, share info or anything we might think appropriate and related to us.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

How should/could I manage the semester from a general perspective?

Week 1 to 5
Task/s
Visit site/s (it is recommended these continue over the entire semester); unfold and plan methodology; understand and shape brief; spend time at location; capture needs and dreams of clients; document experiences and learning appropriately; capture interactions with clients in a “meeting diary”; iterate ideas with clients (it is recommended these continue over the entire semester).
Key question/s
How do I want to find out about my site and clients? Which participative method should I adopt? What is going on at the site? What do people/animals do and why? What do they need to support or enhance their activities? How can I document what I discover? How is my relationship with my client evolving and being constructed? What can I learn out of such encounters? What does what I discover mean for me?
Week 6
Task/s
Show and discuss what you plan to present at mid-semester seminar. Recommendation and feedback is provided by lecturer and peers in this session.
Key question/s
How can I share effectively and professionally what I discovered? How can I draw from my experiences to shape scenarios?
Week 7
Task/s

>>> Mid-Semester Seminar <<<
The work you will present at this seminar will be worth 20% of your final result.
Key question/s
How can I effectively and professionally demonstrate my work, engagement, learning, discoveries and conclusions so far?
Week 8 to 9
Task/s
Develop a range of scenarios that address your discoveries and what you believe your clients need (need to ask for feedback to your clients to better shape your scenarios and to eventually choose one).
Key question/s
How can I transform what I discovered so far into scenarios I could then develop into products/services? How can I discuss these scenarios with my clients and effectively get their feedback and views?
Week 9
Task/s

>>> Scenarios Seminar (incl. idea about selection) <<<
The work that you will present will be worth 10% of your final result.
Key question/s
How can I effectively and professionally show and discuss my general propositions?
Week 9 to 13
Task/s
Develop design/s which address your selected scenario; present and discuss them in class, via blog or in face-to-face meetings; refine ideas following feedback and suggestions.
Key question/s
What products/services can address the issues/scenarios I identified and develop? How can I share and get crucial feedback? How can I incorporate feedback in my designs? How can I iterate and consolidate my ideas with clients?
Week 13
Task/s
Pre-final Design (if you manage time properly, you might also manage to test in practice some prototypes)
Key question/s
How can present what my plan is with regards to my end of semester assessment? How can ask for and capture specific feedback to better my final presentation? How can I test ideas and implement them?
Week 14
Task/s

>>> End of semester Seminar <<<
The work you will present will be worth 70% of your final result. Please note that Portfolios contribute to your final result.
Key question/s
How can I effectively and professionally demonstrate my work, conclusions and design propositions?
Week 15
Task/s
>>> Portfolios DUE Monday 12th June <<<
Key question/s
How can I demonstrate and share my process throughout the semester? How can I properly collate and curate my work? How can I communicate my reflections on the challenges, merits, shortfalls and outcomes of my project? How can I provide my lecturers with additional means to review my work? How can I provide my lecturers with my reflection around my experience in this project so they can review its strengths and weaknesses and their teaching practice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home